Wednesday, October 30, 2013

My challenge to you!

Besides reading this blog and giving me feedback by commenting on Blogger or on Facebook, there are a few ways you can make this NaNoWriMo Story War project (and the month of November) even more interesting!

I don't want to be making up these short stories all on my own. So... your mission (should you choose to accept it) is to write your own stories with the same daily 4 Story War cards I will be using! (Again, 2 characters + 1 object + 1 setting)
Now, unlike me, you are in no way required to write a story every single day. If you feel like writing a story with one of my prompts, you can take as much time as you want writing it. Your story doesn't need to have a certain number of words in it either. It can be as short or as long as you want. All you have to do is include those 4 random plot elements, and run with them. If you would like to take this challenge on and go all the way with it, then you can do as I do and write a story that has a minimum of 2000 words within 24 hours.

So, after you've written your story, what do you do with it?

  1. You can keep it to yourself, in your notebook or on your computer, and just be proud that you wrote something.
  2. You can share it privately with me via Facebook message or email it to me at bettinaklevy@gmail.com. (I promise not to share your stories if you don't want me to).
  3. You can go public and post your whole short story in a comment below the blog post I put my story in, or in a Facebook comment, where everyone else can read it!
I'm excited to see what you guys come up with! If you decide to accept my challenge at some point this November, leave a comment down below or on Facebook. And don't forget, if you want to get regular updates from this blog, you can enter your email address into the sidebar to the right to follow me!

Tomorrow night, after all the Halloween festivities, I'll officially be kicking off my NaNoWriMo Story War project! Stay tuned for the big reveal of my first story prompt!
Relevant links: 
NaNoWriMo Homepage ~ http://nanowrimo.org
Where you can buy Story War ~ http://www.cantripgames.com/storywar/

No comments:

Post a Comment